SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, 22 May 2016

Jamie Oliver's Diner & In The Heights.


Friday was my last day as a first year at University (which has gone by extremely quickly!) so myself, Michaela, Emily and Fiona decided to go out for an end of year meal. We chose to go to "Jamie Oliver's Diner" in Piccadilly Circus. They mainly sell Burgers and Hot Dogs which are delicious. This was my second time going and it's quickly becoming one of my favourite London restaurants. I wish they would sell their sweet potato fries in the takeaway service downstairs though!

After our incredible meal, Fiona and I took a spontaneous trip to the ticket counter in the Leicester Square tube station and bought two tickets to watch "In The Heights". I didn't really know what to expect from this show - not being a massive fan of rap music - I was dubious. I can understand why the modern audience would adore this show and I did enjoy it but my personal taste still pushes me more toward the vintage musicals. The show reminded me of RENT in some ways and the talent in the cast is UNREAL! It was so nice hearing such belty pieces sang with extreme openness, so free in sound. The female numbers were really catchy and the actors portrayed them very well. I love the staging a lot and the setting used. I would definitely recommend this musical to teenagers and anyone who's a fan of modern rap-pop music.

Thanks for readings,
Alexandria.


SONG OF THE DAY: 

TITLE: "Enough."
ARTIST: In the Heights.
YEAR: 1999.
COMPOSER: Lin-Manuel Miranda.
GENRE: Pop/Musical/Rap.

Post a Comment